Quote of the week: "He made me a Sith Lord and named me Darth Revan. I killed for him--I turned on the Republic--but I've found redemption." - Revan talking about his past.

Click here to find out more!

sobota, 3 marca 2012

LoreFreak Info #1 - The Beginning...

First of all I would like to say that I am very surprised by the amount of your comments and responses. Only about 1 week passed since I started this blog and it was already visited over 1,500 times! If you like what I ramble on about over here at LoreFreak please make sure that you like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter. Thanks in advance! You can expect more frequent amount of news in the future.

I also encourage all the 'anonymous' users to spend less than one minute of their time and create a google account. By doing so you will be able to follow my blog and be up to date on all newest entries! Also, it would be nice to know who is behind writing all the comments. I am kind of hoping that we will be able to create a small community of lore freaks that share same passion. :) It is also worth noting that when contests with exceptional prizes will be held in the future, being active member of the community will be rewarded and thus will increase your chances of winning. Once again, thank you all for your support!

Oh and by the way, if you didn't check my fan fiction story by now, you may want to give it a try if you are somehow compelled to Revan's character and his story. And make sure that you tell me what you think about it (despite whether you consider it decent or crap). Added about 500 words or so to the whole thing, mixed between different chapters. I also corrected some gramatical errors that I managed to spot. Expect more updates to come very, very soon

Now back to the business. As some of you may know, on monday, march 5th, first so called Guild Summit will be held. 

More about Guild Summit:

Over the next few days, guild leaders from around the world will gather together to discuss the game with developers from BioWare Austin. Guild representatives will participate in roundtable feedback discussions with developers, and will get a preview of some upcoming game features. This event will provide an opportunity for attendees to voice their feedback directly to the teams responsible for the design of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, hear the team's thoughts and reasons behind design decisions, and discuss the current direction of the game.

Unfortunately while there is no game lore related panel planned in the schedule of events, there will be a "Roleplayer's Discussion" starting at 4:30 PM CST (10:30 PM GMT). If you are interested, here over at LoreFreak you will be able to find a live report of roleplayer's discussion along with my analysis/predictions (the usual what-if stuff). Though I am not certainly sure if it will be more of a lore discussion or RP discussion (not the same thing). If something lore related will be discussed on any of the other panels, I will make sure to mention it to you. Stay tuned!

I would like to end by giving you a sort of bad news. As some of you know or may have guessed by now, English is not my mother tongue. I am Polish and this blog was at first supposed to be fully in Polish language. But I thought that it would be a good idea to have both Polish and English versions of all newest entries. Variety in languages means higher potential audience. I am aware of what I promised in very first blog entry but in the end I decided to stick only with English entries. It just takes too much time to translate all you write - I am already busy with some other stuff. But hey, don't worry - everything got it's good sides! While there will be only English version of LoreFreak available, we can all pratice our foreign language skills a bit (I am refering to myself and all Poles who read this blog;)). Also, I will have more time to spend on writing the actual entries meaning that both their quality and quantity will increase.


GUILD SUMMIT UPDATE: 


NEW BIOWARE, HIGH QUALITY STORY (INCLUDING SPECIFIC CLASS STORYLINES CHAPTERS) COMING THIS YEAR, ALONG WITH SGR.

Nothing else strictly lore related was discussed really. Only specific RP stuff during Roleplaying Discussion panel. Thouth there were some things that are worth mentioning in my opinion. Let me list them for you (there may be more, that is what I managed to pick up from the live stream):


- There will be an epic, long and possibly hard questline/quest chain. And not only one of course, probably more will be added in the future. It is just that one was specificly mentioned and it was hinted that it may require to have for example two alt characters from both sides of the conflict. Such quests may be somehow related with the legacy system. This one specific quest that was mentioned may have been HK-51 legacy quest. Though this is just a tough guess of mine.

- New "Story" difficulty mode will be added (along with 1.2 I think) that will allow all casual players who are not necessarily dedicated, hardcore/semi-hardcore raiders, to enjoy story present in all operations. Though I think that normal mode is already easy enough for such players to just sit back, relax and enjoy the game. It is possible that they are just replacing normal mode with the story one.

- Ability to kill companions - not going to happen because of frustration some people felt once they realized that killing their companion actually meant that they will not be able to use him/her ever again. There may be some other options though like for example freezing Quinn in carbonite as a form of punishment for his betrayal. By doing that you still have an option to use him if you feel like it and at the same time story makes some sort of sense. Still, don't get your hopes up, No ETA on this one. My guess is that it will come along with new storylines (meaning this year).

3 komentarze:

  1. you will register new account on this blog!
    no I wont!
    you will register new account on this blog!
    no I wont! you think you are some kind of jedi?!

    nah just joking, keep up the good work with this blog mate! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. btw it sucks that there is no lore panel i mean swtor is kind of lore oriented game right? :/ Even wow had a lore panel at blizzcon.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. thanks for guild summit round up nice catches

    OdpowiedzUsuń