Quote of the week: "He made me a Sith Lord and named me Darth Revan. I killed for him--I turned on the Republic--but I've found redemption." - Revan talking about his past.

Click here to find out more!

środa, 29 lutego 2012

New Star Wars: The Old Republic novel by Drew Karpyshyn officially announced!



We finally know the name of the new novel set in The Old Republic era that Drew said he was working on for some time. It will be called: STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC: ANNIHILATION.

UPDATE: Let me give you a short, overall summary of the novel's plot:



Republic agent Theron Shan and his Twi’lek compadre, Teff’ith (from Dark Horse Comics’ STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC: THE LOST SUNS) must contend with a Sith Empire counter-attack against the Republic, spearheaded by the lethal apprentice of Darth Malgus. Satele Shan and Jace Malcolm co-star in what will be a fast-paced and tension-fraught tale based on the award-winning video game from BioWare and LucasArts.



The book will be released this year on 13th of November. Make sure to check back at LoreFreak for more information about the novel as we get closer to its release!

UPDATE 2: There are many new, exciting announcments coming up all the way up to 2013. If you want to find out more about them be sure to check Star Wars Books facebook page. One of them is: STAR WARS: SCOURGE, that will be released on April 24th this year.

When I first saw the title of this upcoming novel I have to admit I was having a HUGE geek stroke. I was kind of suprised to see different author than Drew working on it - Jeff Grubb (Drew is the one who created Lord Scourge character so it would make sense that he is one who will write the book about him). Unfortunately as I read more about the book, the more disappointed I was. It is not about Lord Scourge after all <sadface>!

Read the summary for yourself:


In the heart of crime-ridden Hutt Space, a Jedi Scholar searches for justice...


A jedi? Seriously?!

It will probably still be a decent book though, so if you are into ABY timeline make sure to check it out. As for me, the New Republic era is overdone (don't get me wrong, it had some great stuff like Timothy Zhan books or Han Solo trilogy).

Scourge has so much potential, I would love to find out what happened the infamous Emperor's Wrath for 300 years between "Revan" novel and TOR. According to the game codex he killed hundreds of jedi during his service to the Emperor, and TEN TIMES MORE sith lords. How badass is that?

7 komentarzy:

  1. Time to place bets on who is Theron's father. I would say the trooper from the trailer (Malcom?). Satele felt sorry for him after he was scarred for life and let him do it. Guess we will get some leaked script soon enough though.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. I lol'd irl.

      In all seriousness though, a book about Satele and Theron Shan? Sold, can I have it now?

      Usuń
  2. As for Scourge book I have to agree it is kind of disappointment but I will still probably check it out.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. If I recall correctly, Drew said that TOR: Annihilation will prepare us for the expansion. I wonder, if there will be something about Revan in it.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Really? Where does he say that? Can you provide a link to your source? ;)

      Usuń
    2. Source: http://starwarsbookreport.com/?p=1452
      Podcast with Karpyshyn (53:30 - information about Annihilation and it's relation to future expansion).

      Usuń